' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Challenged By Alison Bomber (2)

Thursday 10 October 2013

Challenged By Alison Bomber (2)

As soon as I saw Alison's canvas, I wanted to try out some of her techniques.
I get on much better with acrylics when diluted, and made my own spray with Fresco paint to create some water effects with drippings as well as concentrated colour around the mesh and corrugated cardboard pieces I stuck to the panel..


Water effects made me think about reflections and this is what I am trying to capture in my main image. I first stamped the boat's reflection with a brayer and ligned up the stamp with a stamp positioner for the positive image. This is my third attempt as the first 2 went wrong !

To complete the panel, I stamped the Reflection stamp from Paper Artsy Eclectica ESN07 and a motif from  Hot pick 1111 in black ink as well as another stamp from ESN07 in Aubergine.

I am entering the panel in the Paper Artsy and Pan Pastels UK challenges.

Thanks for coming by,

12 comments:

  1. In the end you created a beautiful panel. I love the colours and the effects you have achieved. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fabulous Christine :) love your texture and colours
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Panel with texture and colours, and wonderful Image of the boat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love everything about this - the reflection stamping is fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely - I love the contrast of the blue main panel against the background, and the reflection stamping looks brilliant! Gorgeous textures too. Thanks so much for joining in this week.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's wonderful! The reflection is very clever and just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how beautiful! Love your boat images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pages and I love your boat!! the reflection looks brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great panel, love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you did amazingly with that reflection! Great result!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alison is such an inspiration...beautiful textures and you did an amazing job with the reflections,love it!
    Thank you so much for joining us over at Premium Crafts Pan Pastel Challenge and good luck Christine!
    Hugs
    Tracy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! great textures for the background! and wonderful boat!!! bizz

    ReplyDelete