' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Halloween layout

Monday 14 October 2013

Halloween layout

Halloween is trending on all crafting blogs, so I feel duty bound to add my own Halloween post! As I am catching up with scrapbooking my photos, here's the layout I made:


All the stamps used are from Crafty Individuals, CI-319 for the image between the 2 photos, which I coloured with pencils and CI-209 for the embossed trees.

The idea, not entirely successful, was to emboss the trees with clear powder and use Versamark around the trees brushing mica powders (Imagination Crafts - Nature set) over the top, to create a spooky night scene. Trouble is I used Core'dination cardstock which is textured and I lost some of the stamp detail. The second problem I had was trying to clean the mica off the embossed trees...

I die-cut a few leaves, using the resulting stencil to ink some leaves (white pigment ink), and the letters for my title from some more Black magic Core'dination cardstock.

I am entering the following challenges:
Crafty IndividualsCountry View Crafts- Something Spooky, Imagination Crafts, My Mum's Craft shop, Pan Pastels UK, Ali-Craft

Thanks for coming by,

14 comments:

  1. Great scrapbook spooky layout! Love the photos. Thanks for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge this month. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elle est carrément géniale, je la trouve vraiment très belle !!! tu es très inventive je crois, et une fois encore tu as eu de superbes idées ! J'adore le mélange de tes photos (super mignonnes!) avec ce tampon CI magnifique, que tu as superbement colorisé pour le mettre en valeur... Quand à tes arbres embossés, tes feuilles et tes couleurs qui ressortent sur ton fond noir, je dis BRAVO, j'adore !!! Bises, Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this looks great - spookily effective. The background looks fine to me and the photos are lovely! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your page and great pics.Thank you for joining in at Ali-Crafts blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the effect is great and has a ghostly feel to it. I have some of that black coredinations cardstock I must get it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab layout! Thank you for joining in the Crafty Individuals' challenge!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful to see CI stamps used on such a layout. Fabulous atmosphere to your page.
    Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Individuals Challenge.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow spooktacular layout! Love it. Thanks so much for joining us at PanPastel UK this week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your layout turned out so spooooktaculary spooky and great photos too!
    Thanks for joining us at Pan Pastel Uk and good luck.
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super Christine :) not exactly what you had envisaged but still effective :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's marvellous, deliciously black and fun!
    You only can see the mistakes, for me is just perfect, even the texture of the paper, and the subtle trees! Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very creative and spooky project. In order to remain in the challenge you do need to mention our theme for the month. Thanks for entering our challenge this month at Country View Challenges. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I have now added the theme. Thanks Chris

      Delete
  13. Really gorgeous, I love spiderweb it looks fantastic, thank you for joining in with imagination crafts challenge
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete