' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Shabby Chic Attempt

Thursday 17 April 2014

Shabby Chic Attempt

I love the look of Shabby Chic and have attempted the style several times, alas without success, but spurred on by the Pan Pastels UK challenge I though I would try again.
I used fabric and embossing to create texture and the many layers that seem to be the signature of this style.
I think I got the shabby.... not so sure about the chic!


For the background I sprayed through a Prima Doily stencil and embossed a Quatrefoil design on the lower right corner.
I distressed a scrap of paper and stamped it with a Newsprint image.
The larger piece of material has been stamped using Crafty Individuals CI-207 set.
For the smaller one I used the kiss stamping technique with a Harlequin background stamp (The Artistic Stamper) and a flower background. Difficult to see the motif of that second stamp but the effect is pleasant. I sprayed this piece with Pink, Lime and blue patina sprays.

I added a piece of DIY washi tape, coloured staples, a die-cut corner and a border die-cut from fabric that I have gathered with some embroidery floss.

I am also entering the Artful Times, Stamping Sensations, Crafty Individuals and The Artistic Stamper challenges.

Let me know in your comments what you think,

12 comments:

  1. Great idea to use thespray with the doily stencil-I must try that. Thank you for joining us at Artful Times for the spray challenge

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely texture and layers on your shabby chic nature card. Many thanks for joining in the Crafty Individuals April Challenge. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Helen, you have used lots of great techniques! Thank you for joining in the Crafty Individual's challenge,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the doily background and wonderful fabric stamping. A beautiful card.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your spraying through the doily is very effective, lovely layers a swell. Thank you for joining us on Artful Times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours and all of the texture, real joy to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! I particularly like your use of the fabric. Thank you for sharing your lovely project with us for our Dies & Punches Challenge at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very unique, C! I wish I could do Shabby Chic this well! I really like the colors and the die cut upper right! Your ferns are lovely on the vellum and the trim on the bottom really says shabby chic to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. C'est super joli, j'aime beaucoup l'effet des fougères sur le tissu!... l'autre morceau avec tes deux tampons doit être bien beau aussi, mais se voit moins sur la photo... bon lundi de Pâque Christine. Bises

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like the ferns which I think I am right in saying are on fabric? Lovely effect you have achieved there. Do I espy a MB die in the top right hand corner?
    Lovely effect with the spraying.
    Thanks for joining us a Artful Times - Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the texture which sits so well on the background :)
    Thank you fo sharing with us at Artful Times
    Von ☺x☺

    ReplyDelete
  12. A little late getting here but wanted to say that your creation is lovely and just perfect for our Dies and Punches theme, thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x (Not sure if you entered my Grand Calibur candy here if not there is still time to do so)

    ReplyDelete