' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Birthday card for someone special

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Birthday card for someone special

That is the latest Fashionable Stamping challenge. I made a special card for a special someone's special birthday!!! It's got to tick the box, right?

I have kept the front fairly simple as the "special bit" is the inside of the card. I have stamped the car and the hand from PaperArtsy (Hot pick 1207) in black and applied distress inks all around.


For the inside I took inspiration from scrapbooking and gathered some old photos of the recipient. A banner unfolds when opening the card and I have a bottom where my banner was to stand but now is just there for effect( and to stop the card from opening and ripping off the banner).



I used a 12"x12" paper from Graphic45 and regular cardstock that I inked/distressed.

The banner is made from letters cut out of stamped cardstock (Cover a Card - Rose Lace from Impression  Obsession).

The barely seen gold embossing on the "platform" is also a stamp from Impression Obsession, a large Flourish. I also embossed the top corners with a Personal Impression flourish.

Hope the birthday boy will like it, but I doubt I will know if he doesn't as no one dares criticise hand made offerings for fear of offending...

This is where you come in and tell me the truth in your comments!

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic card--I love the shape and how you decorated the inside

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card for a Special Birthday, super inside as well. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elle est sobre mais extra, vintage à souhait, parfaite pour cette personne à qui tu la destines... de 80 ans je pense?.. Et l'intérieur est super joli et pas commun, pas trop mon style a priori mais pourtant j'aime bien (tu vois moi je m'adapte hihi, pas comme toi mes z'affreux Stampo! :)))) Encore que mes 'gros becs' ne te déplaisent pas trop apparement, ouf merci :) Bises

    ReplyDelete