' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: My first ATC

Sunday 31 August 2014

My first ATC

It seems I am always late to the party...
Last year I made a tag for the first time and, this year, spurred on by the Vintage Journey challenge, it was time to try ATCs.

Rather obvious, but, I didn't quite grasp, until I had one in front of me, how small ATCs are. Since I started card making, I have been working on increasingly bigger, not smaller, "canvases" and I found the exercise quite difficult.
And some people do Twinchies and Inchies....


My starting inspiration was this stamp by Tim Holtz  (C0M004 - Time) which is ATC size!
I love vellum and thinking about his latest Vellum Paper Stash I wanted to add some to my panels. I substituted TH's by a British sourced version (Papermania - Mme Payraud) - cheapskate that I am... Sadly it doesn't show very well.

I made my background following a TH demo where he overlays several stencils, using Distress Inks.
As TH uses lots of metal embellishments, so I die-cut corners pieces which I embossed (Frantage Aged rose for the left ATC and WOW Pomegranate for the right one).
Small pieces of Tissue tape were added, just 'cause... and an altered paperclip that was lying around.

I am also entering That's Crafty challenge.

I apologise to my loyal followers if I am overwhelming their feeds, I just wanted to squeeze these projects before school starts again!

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic ATCs with great ideas-I bet you will make more now you have tried two:)

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful first time ATCs, inchies, twinchies and ATCs are so much fun to create. I'm sure we will see more from you in the future.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVING your ATC's, this and iCards are my favourite size to play with. You have done an amazing job i like all the little embellishments :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ATC's .....are you addicted they are addictive I love to make them and they also make fabulous toppers for bigger cards!!
    MaggieH :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first time ATCs are wonderful - I am sure you will be making more as they are quite addictive. Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey for our ATC challenge. Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you were inspired to have a play in mini size! I love your pair of ATCs. The stamping is great - love those branches, and the colours are really cool. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete