' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Journal Page with metal

Thursday 14 August 2014

Journal Page with metal

I enjoyed the experience so much last month that I am attempting Darcy's Journal Page challenge again.

To read about the process visit Darcy's post, I will describe here where I diverged.


I am not great on words and quotes so I replaced the words by DIY washi tape.

I didn't seem to have as much space on my pages so I haven't managed to fit in all the circles but used some of the leftovers to cover 2 corners that failed to mitre correctly!

For the background I used a text stamp from my own collection, a texture stamp from Kaisercraft and one from EEV06 instead of the new stamps that Darcy teased us with but didn't reveal...
With no appropriate size text stamp for the circles, I used a canvas texture stamp instead (Impression Obsession).

For space reason I didn't add the sunburst motif and added a small heart die-cut instead of the big heart duo image Darcy used.

On the right hand page I used stamps from HP1206 and chose my aperture shapes accordingly.

I particularly enjoyed the metal work, as it's so easy with folders to obtain a lovely texture. The butterfly was a bit more difficult to handle what with working from the back but still OK.

Phew! a lot of work involved but I am so glad I made it and learned a few things a long the way.

Thanks for coming by,

8 comments:

  1. what a fabulous page!! I think your twist on Darcy's is just great.. I really must start mine this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages, can see you enjoyed playing and love it with your own twist added:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific ideas on the pages they look wonderful

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful grunge and mixed media together. I wish I had the nerve to try something like this! It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad you joined in, the metal working turned out brilliant. i had so much fun putting it through the embossing folders, so easy to achieve a great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great colours, your metal is fab

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pages look fabulous, great colours & stamping! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome journal spread, lovely colors.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Artistic stamper challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete