' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Je vois la vie en rose... Deja vu!!!

Sunday 31 August 2014

Je vois la vie en rose... Deja vu!!!

Wow 2 clichés in the same title, both French to boot, I am on a roll...

If you are working backwards in your blog feeds, you won't have seen my first pink creation, feel free to go there first if you like pink! The colour is inspired by the Pan Pastel UK challenge.

Since I bought the Eiffel Tower embossing folder (Sizzix by Tim Holtz) I want to use it on everything, so when the Wedodoobadoo challenge required textures it's the first thing I pulled out.
I mixed some texture paste with pastel and applied it fairly smoothly to my cardstock. When dry, I run it through my die-cutting machine with the folder.
Do wait until the paste is dry, otherwise the paste goes in the folder and the cardstock disintegrate as you try to pull it out. Don't ask how I know...



I then applied different shades of pink as well as a bit of white pastel over the raised areas , picking out the fleur de lys as a good spot to foil in pink and gold foil (it looks dark but that is a reflection).
The texture paste is a lovely ground for pastels by the way, it is smooth but grabs the powder very effectively.

I couldn't bring myself to cover it with anything, so whilst I pondered what to do with it I made my second pink textured creation which I posted previously.
With no further inspiration coming through, I just matted the panel on some pink cardstock and left it at that. Surely it would be futile to try and improve on TH design ?


I am all pinked out now,

3 comments:

  1. Plutôt sympa cette carte en rose, tu as réalisé un joli embossage et des dégradés de couleur assez chouettes :) Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card! Loving all the textures again and it really is a great embossing folder :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh la la ... beautiful and lots of texture missy! You can never have too much pink,lol...
    Thank you for joining in the fun over at Pan Pastel UK Challenge. xoxox

    ReplyDelete