' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Je vois la vie en rose...

Friday 29 August 2014

Je vois la vie en rose...

If you abhor pink turn away now... but pink is what Pan Pastel UK want to see so I have made an all out pink panel with lots of textures using different media.


I prepared my background with gesso and scribbled some Inktense then sprayed with water.
I used stencils and texture paste that I coloured with pastel and sprinkled various pink mediums: glitter, micro beads, embossing powders. The micro beads were difficult to handle as, in order for the paste to hold them, they have to be squashed somehow but without compromising the stencilled motif underneath. Also, they have to be sprinkled quickly and they get everywhere, jumping and rolling far far away...

Then I created a bouquet with stamps and matching dies (Papertrey ink), wrapped it in a bit of mulberry paper and added a butterfly from my stock of previously made embellishments. (It has a stamped cardstock base and a vellum layer sewed at the butterfly's body).

I am also entering Wedodoobadoo and Lisa.B. Designs challenges.

I should warn you that before I settled on this design, I explored another pink idea which I will show in my next post.
Pink haters look away now...

Thanks for coming by,

5 comments:

  1. That is very pink! Seriously though, it's a gorgeous card. I love all the texture & the butterfly looks lovely. Thank you for joining the Lisa B Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Love the way you did the background. So pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. All beautiful pink colours to chose and a terrific work of art with the textures you added to it

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you know i don't do pink but am trying very hard to incorporate it in my crafting! LOVING your Pink page, so many fantastic textures and depth of pinks too. Well done! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep I am working backwards, lol .... another beauty filled with lush colour and textures!!
    Thank you again for joining in the fun over at Pan Pastel UK Challenge. xoxox

    ReplyDelete