' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Summer Play

Sunday 3 August 2014

Summer Play

Oh no... Fashionable Stamping challenges us with the theme Child's Play...hmm time to look through the freebie stamps from magazines, and lo and behold a never inked Holly Hobbie stamp set surfaces.

These are acrylic stamps (as opposed to polymer) and usually don't take dye ink very well. Since I don't use them often, if at all, I now take my sanding block to them and they work a lot better. Don't rub to hard, if unsure, test and sand again. When I started the practice I used such a superfine grit (800) that it didn't make a difference.

Anyway... since this is not a style I undertake very often I figured I needed to use some patterned paper and cardstock from the least used stash area which goes some way to explain my colour scheme. Sorry if you need shades to have a look!


The image has been stamped with Versafine so I couldn't use the alcohol markers as initially planned (doh!) and coloured with pencils instead. I must be the only stamper without a standard black dye inkpad!
The fence die-cut has been embossed with a wood grain motif (Sizzix by Tim Holtz) and inked with Distress ink.
I am also entering the Pan Pastel UK Summer Fun challenge.

When in Blogger I have a tendency to go straight to the posts so have overlooked that I have 4 additional followers since June. Don't you wish Blogger would send you an alert?

I am humbled that you enjoy my projects and I take your following as sign my craft is improving, which is a great encouragement!

So a warm welcome to my new followers, and many thanks to my existing followers for their loyal support,


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful burstbof colour...you did a brilliant job:-)
    Thank you for playing along at Pan Pastel UK xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandpaper sounds a little extreme. I read about using an eraser on the polymer stamps to give a better key for the ink. When I remember LOL it seems to work. That's a very pretty stamp and great colours

    ReplyDelete