' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: A man and his dogs

Sunday 8 February 2015

A man and his dogs

A masculine Birthday card today, in honour of Artful Times challenge.
I so enjoyed making my Tim Holtz inspired tag last week that I decided to join the Vintage Journey challenge and play Tic Tac Toe with them! I selected Ideology/metal, Sprays and Ribbon/Twine.

I started with a small piece of patterned paper as I am still trying to use more of the stuff ! This came from a freebie in a magazine (Home Grown from Hot Off The Press). To the right I created a panel with sprays, a home made reddish brown made with Distress Inks reinkers, and a blue Prima Bloom. 
This is my first test with the spray and it is more powerful than the Tattered Angels ones so beware cover your surfaces!
I used a Crafter Workshop stencil with the sprays and finished with an Ideology Mask/stencil and Walnut DI.


The main image is stamped with the dogs from the True Gentleman plate (Flonzcraft), distressed with Antique Linen & Walnut DI, matted on a very old patterned paper from Sizzix (I do believe my first paper purchase, and yes I still have most of it!).

I created 2 tags with an Impression Obsession die, colour matched to my paper with DI and overstamped with one of the matching stamps for the die set in red ink. I used the tags for the sentiment (from my own collection).

To finish I used twine, and a metal embellishment to which I applied black alcohol ink to the recesses. This isn't an Ideology piece but something I saved from the bin!
An old sticker (another magazine freebie) pulls the theme together and injects a bit of bright colour.

Thanks for coming by,

17 comments:

  1. Wow fab card, love the metal embellie it works a treat with the card design. Gorgeous background too
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have chosen some fantastic colours, stencils and embellies for your card. Fantastic and colourful, great card:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous male card Christine and the spray inks look as if you had fun. Love that stamped bulldog image, made me smile..

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have created a gorgeous card Christine and great stenciled background in really striking colours.

    It's lovely to see you at Penny Black and More Challenge this month, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific card with a great background.

    Love Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great masculine card with those cute pups! love that paper with all it's designs and your stenciling! thanks for joining us in the AVJ Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fab male card and the background is fabulous. Lots of detail and thank you for informing us of the Tic Tac Toe elements you have used. Great to have you on board at AVJ

    Annie x CG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of interesting detail on this card and a piece of recyclying!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colours on this, its really striking and the metal embellishment is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah j'adore cette carte, elle est super mignonne bravo Christine!!! Et ce tampon Flonzcraft est adorable, tu l'as super bien mis en valeur ici. Bon mercredi, bises

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Christine, what a fantastic card! That background is gorgeous. Thanks for joining the Lisa B Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing background and colors! Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, that is super cute card, Craftyfield. So many interesting things to see on your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your bold design !! I have also become your latest blog follower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so much fun ..... great background and I love the dogs!! Thanks for joining in with the TIMI challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I do love the whole design to your card and great choice of colours. Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great male card, thank you so much for joining us over at Craft Stampers TIMI Challenge xoxo

    ReplyDelete