' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Mini Album

Saturday 14 February 2015

Mini Album

Last week at the Craft Barn blog was Mini Album week. I immediately selected Dawn's project as one I could actually make without too many hiccups. Hmmm... hiccups were had and what should have been a 3x6" album ended up as a 3x3". In the process it also turned into a pocket book as each page has now an opening in which to store...stuff, haven't worked this one out yet since this wasn't my original plan - If you feel inclined, ideas in the comments would be lovely -
The pockets openings are alternatively at the top or the side of each page.


Anyhoo... I used an unloved double sided paper to make my album and decided to forego any stamping/stencilling etc... on the now small pages. I made 2 covers from recycled packaging, covered with paper from my scrap mountain.
For the front, I die cut vellum with the Persian Accents dies from Spellbinders, and coloured it with alcohol inks (Pearl and Cranberry), layering the pieces on the front.




















 
There you have it... I think this style can be easily adapted to a 4x4" album which would be a better size to include photos, otherwise I'll have to try Dawn's album again without making a mistake!

Thanks for coming by,

14 comments:

  1. This is a real little work of art Christine.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe not what you intended to do, but it is still beautiful. Love the inside papers and that flower on the cover is so delicate and shiny, just yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I still think it looks amazing even though it may not have turned out quite how you expected!! Thank you for joining in the challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab album, love the inside pockets :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea you left the pockets. I glued mine together to add strength cos I started with a piece of paper. It's quite a sturdy little item now. I might try it with pockets. Always fun to have things to pull out LOL. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pockets, as you could put anything in them, and it could be secret stuff too, as it would not be on show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done you, I'm so chuffed you tried one of my projects. you've done a great job and I Love it. i can pop the sample step by step in the post to you if you like just drop me an email Hun. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. REALLY like your mini album it has turned out brilliantly! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning little book

    Love Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely mini album. The pockets could be used for journaling, ephemera or silly private photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great mini album. I love the way the openings alternate. Great for saving little messages and quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Encore un super projet, toi non plus tu ne t'arrête pas, c'est chouette!!! Bonne chance pour le challenge du Craft Barn! Et je n'oublie pas ton challenge 'Spring colours', j'espère avoir le temps de faire quelque chose... :D Bises

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely mini album. It would make a great gift with inspirational quotes tucked into the pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It may not have come out as expected but I still think it's fabulous. I love the book and those pockets could hold tags or little quotes.

    ReplyDelete