' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Tic Tag Toe

Thursday 16 July 2015

Tic Tag Toe

Sandy & Amelie Steampunk Challenges are playing Tic Tac Toe this month and I selected the top line.

For my crackle I used Imagination craft crackle medium on top of red and black acrylic paint. My top layer was originally pale lavender but looked awful and I applied Transparent oxide to change the colour.



For my words, I created this panel with selected Steampunk words - who knew there are dedicated sites to Steampunk words? - using Wordle.net and printed it on cardstock that I had already stamped with a Harlequin motif (The Artistic Stamper) in ombre fashion.


The top Hat is a stamp by Flonzcraft (True Gentleman set), die cut with a Nellie Snellen die and complete my Tic Tac Toe line!


To that I added bits from my odds and ends jar, previously cut, stamped etc..:
  • The Eiffel Tower: Tim Holtz Alteration Paris embossing folder
  • British flag:  The Artistic Stamper London set
If pressed to justify how these all fit together, I can come up with a reasonable explanation... coz I had to do precisely that when my OH challenged me.
In short it's a representation of the "Entente cordiale" between the France and Great Britain.
The English lord is tipping his hat to the Old Lady (that's the Eiffel tower, BTW). And since the Eiffel Tower was built in 1889 it's the correct period for Steampunk. Phew!! I should get points for that...

Thanks for coming by,






Also entering the Craft Barn, The Artistic Stamper,  and Crafty Sentiments challenges.

9 comments:

  1. Such a great interpretation of the top line of our tic tac toe grid! LOVE your tag and that crackle looks amazing!
    Thank you so much for playing along and sharing your fab tag with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Claudia x

    Oh, and ten extra points from me for the Eiffel Tower as the perfect steampunk addition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing tag with wonderful images

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag, love the idea of designing a tag from a tic, tac, toe grid. Thanks for joining in the fun at The Artisitic Stamper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Tag. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs. We would love to see you again ... Anet GDTx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tag is striking! Gorgeous crackle, an the Tour Eiffeil is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ton tag est fantastique, tu as été super inspirée je le trouve très beau!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great interpretation of the given words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I really like this, thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous tag ! thanks for joining us at the Artistic Stamper !
    Titbelsoeur DT

    ReplyDelete