' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Turquoise waters

Sunday 12 July 2015

Turquoise waters

The colour turquoise and the Beach hut theme for the Craft Barn July calendar challenge only means one thing... the BEACH!!!

As delighted as I was with the Beach concept, I didn't have a lot of choice of Beach huts! A few years back Docrafts came out with some Beach Huts stamps, designed by Michael Powell, and I resisted buying them thinking that I might be able to grab them later in the sale... Of course the best designs never do get on sale and the Beach huts never joined my stash.

I decided to use a Crafty Individual paper instead (Book 6 - The Seaside) for my huts and transfer them with gel medium on a piece of watercolour paper.
The sand and sea were painted in with watercolours.


If you think the calendar is strangely placed it's because I placed it where I could hide the worst mishaps! I'm guessing the gel medium wasn't completed dry when I started rubbing the paper layer and as a result I rubbed some of the image as well...

Thanks for coming by,

Also entering the We Love to Create and That Craft Place challenges.

13 comments:

  1. All looks good to me Christine even the placement of the calendar lol. Would never have realised there was a mistake to hide.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Christine, what is it about beach huts that always reminds me of childhood I wonder ? Could be that I was always fascinated by them and always wanted to go inside, now I realise there is not actually very much to see !

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This wonderful and just the sort of scene that Imlove

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gel transfer - and I could just dip my toes into that water!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful calendar page, I love the image transfer.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea to do the image transfer - you've created a wonderful watery scene. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! The subtle colours make it look quite vintage to me. Nice job Christine! :D {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't have thought twice about your quirky calendar placement if you hadn't mentioned it. I like the effect of the image transfer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you've blended the image with the watercolour. It works really well xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Went to see your Brusho page, such a versatile medium, love the delicate touch you used with them (not easy)! Like you I really enjoyed this theme.

      Delete
  11. Love the effect you have got with the image transfer, it blends so well with the watercolour.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great page, love the huts! Sorry for the late comments, dealing with family illnesses at the moment xx

    ReplyDelete