' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Flutterby

Thursday 2 July 2015

Flutterby

It's the IndigoBlu challenge and the theme is Flutterby. Yep tis the season (for butterflies)... and I am obliging by creating another card with butterflies!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the winged things! They go on both men and women's cards and I have plenty of them in stamps, stencils, rub-ons etc... but I am feeling butterfly fatigue...

I applied a stroke of texture paste on my kraft base and stamped "dots" with a piece of packaging (I keep a collection of these).
As you can see from the pic they are hexagons but they come out as circles. Never mind!

I added some washi tapes since I need to use them at some point!

The focal image is the Flutterby Dinkie stamp from IndigoBlu, stamped on a Brusho background and cut out.






To finish off the card I thought a bit of bling was in order and to go with the IndigoBlu stamp what could be better than Winter Dawn gilding flakes....

Quite a simple card, with a more masculine feel and subtler colours than my last few butterfly cards!


Hope you'll like it !







Also entering the We Love 2 Create challenge

18 comments:

  1. Your flutterby looks so effective Christine and liking the overall look to your card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it ! Such great ideas and thank you for shraing them

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Thanks for joining us at the Indigo Blu challenge.

    Hugs Wenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. the colour on that butterfly is awesome - love it! A cery creative and gorgeous make! Thans for joining us at Indigo Blu this time and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elle est très belle, dans un style assez clean et sobre mais très classe! bises et bonne semaine! Coco

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiflutterful! I really like the layout of your card and the colourful elements on top of kraft carstock works really, really well. Makes the butterfly really stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just having a mooch at what I have missed (not sure why but I am not getting updates anymore).

    It might be a simple card Christine but it is a delight.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the butterfy - it looks amazing! What a great card Cx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love this card, the layers of tape and paste compliment each other so well, finished perfectly with the fab butterfly. Thank you for joining us at Indigo Blu

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great effect with the brusho, beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining nus at IndigoBlu
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, great LO. thank you for joining the IndigoBlu challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing!! Wow, the contrast between the craft card and the butterfly is striking! Thank you for joining us at the IndigoBlu challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card! Really like how you have contrasted the butterfly with the background, fab colours. Thanks for your entry. Kay x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a gorgeous card, love the brusho butterfly. Good luck with the indigoblu challenge Julie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous Flutterby creation Thanks so much for joining us at the IndigoBlu Challenge Good Luck and hope to see you again soon. Xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Beautiful card ♥

    Thank you for joining the IndigoBlu Challenge. Gez

    ReplyDelete
  17. What wonderful texture!! Good luck in the challenge! X

    ReplyDelete