' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: New stencils

Monday 29 June 2015

New stencils

I have finally laid my hands on Tim Holtz Mixed Media Thinlits! When I saw them early this year I knew they would be popular. True enough, as soon as they were in stock they disappeared and I missed out several times!
First, I wanted to create some stencils with those dies and test them out. Just as well, since the Paper Artsy challenge this fortnight is about stencils... I also decided to use different mediums through my stencils to compare how they react with subsequent layers of paint.


Top left texture paste through the Distressed Harlequin stencil, topped with a bit of Blue Gelato. Next to that Gelatos through the same stencil.
Top right matt varnish through the Hexagon stencil.
Bottom transparent texture paste through the Pebble stencil.

The Allsorts challenge chose the colour for me and I used Paper Artsy Fresco paint in Pacific Ocean and a bit of red oxide paint to balance the blue (OK that's just an excuse... truth is I wanted to test my newly bought "rust" colour).

The stamp is from a Lynn Perella set (LPC012).

I had intended to add sprays using the last stencil in the Mixed Media die set but I liked the image so far and I was too scared to mess it up!

Keep cool and carry on crafting,

Also entering the That's Crafty challenge.

15 comments:

  1. Great creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck. Happy crafting Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, like the idea of using these die-cuts as stencils. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabby entry for our theme this week Christine, as you might guess I love it and to my mind has a bit of an eastern feel to it.

    Lovely to see you at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous background for your buildings.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work! I love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have put your dies to good use Christine, great background which shows off the stamp perfectly.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new thinlets and fab to make them into stencils - love this page great colours I too would have been too scared to add anything as it's so lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning creation!
    Thank you for sharing your talents at Allsorts Challenge,
    welcome again, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab background and use of your die cut stencils xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Je vois de beaux essais de texture, toujours à l'oeuvre pour tenter de nouvelles techniques, moi j'aime!!! Bises

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Love how you've stencilled in different ways. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful stenciling, lovely creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous colours and texture and a great use of your stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great display of different effects with different mediums. Really love your ombre effect as well..... xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete