' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Bow bag

Tuesday 23 June 2015

Bow bag

You know how messy Gelli printing can be... Best approached in sessions to be productive.
So I spent an enjoyable moment printing, layer after layer, with stencils and other implements. True some pieces are going in the bin but there are some interesting results too. Included in the fun was this white bag (25x21cm approximately).

Front and back have different colours, there is no special reason apart from the logistics of mono-printing! The green side has at least 4 layers, the other has had many more as the early results were quite awful and I obliterated some of my attempts.



Stencils used : Reims (Artist Cellar), Dragonflies (That Special touch) and an old bow stencil.
I also used the top of a detergent bottle to make marks (dotted circles) on the plate for the left side and I stamped repeatedly sections of a Dragonflies stamp (Crafty Individuals) for the right side.

The paints I used are all Paper Artsy Frescos in Limelight, Pacific, Claret, Blueberry, Vanilla, Lilac and Lavender.

Thanks for coming by,

I am entering the Craft Barn,  We Love 2 Create, All Sorts and That Craft Place and Paper Artsy challenges.

15 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a really fun and inky session Christine, two great bags and I am going to have to go with the green one, loving the fresh zingy colours.

    Many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge stamping theme this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a fresh technique and a lovely result! Thank you so much for sharing your creation with Allsorts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful use of a gelli plate! And yes, layers definitely comes into this!!
    Thank you for joining us for the challenge over on the That Craft Place Challenge Blog..
    xxSAMxx TCP Design Team.
    ❤My Blog❤
    ❤That Craft Place Challenge Blog❤
    ❤That Craft Place on Facebook❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the 2 contrasting sides. Great use of your bow stencil for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hadn't thought about using my bags on the Gelli plate, and I've got a stack of them - must try it! Love the very painterly feel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely decorated bag.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Use a Stamp' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deux sacs très sympas, tu t'es bien amusée on dirait!! :D
    Bon week-end Christine, bises

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely bags and great result to using Gelli plate. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not tried gelli prints, but it looks great fun! Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun. I think I prefer the green side. Love the bow. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great project. I love the green side too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely layering, beautiful ending!! thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are fantastic, I especially like the colours of the one on the left!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous bags! Looks like you had a lot of fun with your gelli plate. I thought it was only me who got awful results from gelli printing and binned them! Actually I tore some of my awful ones up and used some of the pieces on different projects to good effect. Your efforts look like you NEVER get awful results, I particularly like the swirly circles in the backround.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the green side and the way the paint fades away at the edges and also left the white lines where the bag was folded. A lovely example of serendipity.

    ReplyDelete