' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Hot Sunny Colours

Monday 1 June 2015

Hot Sunny Colours

I am hoping from hot sunny weather to go with the colours of our Vintage Stamping Challenges this month, after the wash out that May was!

The first image that came to mind was a sunset, sunsets are so much more beautiful and "hot" in the summer. Then I went through my extensive collection of papers, aiming to use some of the neglected ones, and found this, one of a kind, hand made piece, perfect for the theme.
Put them together and voila...


I created the background with inks on white card and overstamped with the Girl Reading Book image (also available in a fantastic value full sheet of silhouettes) in Versafine Onyx Black.

With this riot of colours I needed some black for balance so I added a die cut frame and embossed my sentiment with Gold EP on black card.

I can just close my eyes and imagine myself reading outside in the setting sun....

What about you? What do you imagine when you think about Hot Sunny colours? Come and show us at Vintage Stamping Challenges and you could win a $20 voucher from our sponsor, Flonzcraft.
Your make doesn't need to be Vintage, but it must follow the theme and have some stamping.

Also entering the WOW Embossing powder challenge

5 comments:

  1. This is certainly hot and sunny Christine, lush background fusions of colours but your lady looks quite composed despite the heat.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing background colours and lovely textures Great image as well

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright and beautiful, gorgeous card Christine.
    Irene x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a riot of colour Christine and she sits in the middle of a very beautiful make with so much grace.

    I loved using the aquatints, they were very easy to use and the colour tones for the brights set is vibrant to say the least.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. C'est beau ces couleurs... Et j'adore ce tampon moi aussi!! Tu as eu une belle idée, j'aime beaucoup l'atmosphère de ta carte. Bises

    ReplyDelete