' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Looking back

Sunday 31 May 2015

Looking back

This is the final challenge at Artful Times and the chosen theme is Party.
So, whilst Neet and Wendy are looking back at 3 years' worth of posts, challenges, online friendship and general crafty activities, it's time to celebrate in style before looking forward to the next adventures.
A door closes...


I first stamped my ladies (a magazine freebie) with Versafine black and embossed with clear powder, to get a detailed impression and a waterproof finish.
Alas, most of the Versafine sank into that paper and worse bled! [I used one side of an Amazon Kraft package as my base]
So... patchy embossing and not the best details, plus, without embossing, I couldn't get my background wet anymore!

The door (Crafty Individuals) was stamped with Versamark and embossed with a left over mix which appears to have a rustic gold EP and gold glitter. Again not what I though it was! Serves me right, next time I'll label my leftovers...

I painted the ladies' dresses with Fresco paints in Blueberry and Claret, the door with Graphitint (Derwent) pencils in Cool Brown and Chestnut. I love the Chestnut to do brickwork but on this occasion it looks a lot redder and darker than anticipated, also the embossing is gritty and I couldn't move the pigment around as I wanted.

I used Gelatos around the ladies instead of the Neocolours II I had lined up because they can be blended dry. Although the left hand side looks a bit pink I used Lavender and over-layed  the darker violet.

Finally I used a gold oil pastel to highlight the frame.

Good luck to Neet and Wendy and also Sam, Von and Chrissie, previous members of the DT.

Also entering the A Sprinkle of Imagination and Polka Doodle challenges.

9 comments:

  1. Clever ideas on this and a great contribution to the last challenge at Artful

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that pop of colour inbetween the two ladies - it really looks fab. Great project! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful tribute to the last challenfe and so well designed. Love the two fashionistas and the pops of color! Awesome sauce! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for dedicating this to our last challenge and what perfect thinking behind it. Definitely 'looking back' through the door or maybe looking to go forward through it.
    Love the outcome of the various medias you have used along the way, thanks for the journey.
    Thanks also for being a loyal entrant in our challenges.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Neet! Glad you like this piece. xx

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous ladies and such a lovely layout you have done on the card Christine. I agree everything is very thoughtfully put together.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute card with lovely embellishments, which fits at Polka Doodle Challenges. Hugs Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, love this. The ladies are lovely and the whole thing is beautifuly designed. Thank you joing us at Artful Times, and for your contribution in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful on Kraft card. Thank you for entering it for our challenge at ASOI this time.

    ReplyDelete