' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Blue

Wednesday 6 May 2015

Blue

I took advantage of the nice long week end to take my time creating something just for me. I would say journal but I had to do it out of it since I intended to have 3D elements.
I attempted to put MORE on my make and took inspiration from Artful Times challenge who are asking for some Finnabair style.
I haven't quite managed the profusion of objects Anna puts on her creation but I'm still pleased with the result as it's certainly more busy and more 3D than usual.



For supplies I have thrown lots of mediums at my "canvas",  with lots of Finnabair products such as the doily stencil and some stamps.
I applied some Gelatos in blue, pink and violet in some places and instead of spraying with water I used a mix of Fresco Blueberry and Prima Bloom in Cobalt.

I selected my embellishments in my box of bits and everything bar the bottle cap is recycled: old buttons, shrink plastic waste, aluminium from food packaging etc...I prepared them with a coat of Gesso before spraying with the same mix as before and finished them with Fresco glaze mixed with micas as well as a bit of gilding wax.


In the background I used the Messy Art set (Artistic Stamper), a texture stamp (Finnabair). The heart is from a cling set from Prima/Finnabair and I replaced the inside by the word "Art".

Finally where Finnabair would have a photo I created my own with a Paper Artsy stamp (Hot pick 1207)

I have stuck my page to a cardboard backing to flatten it and I might crop the excess later although I kind of like the frame effect.

Thanks for coming by,

Also entering the Artistic Stamper, Pan pastel UK and Paper Artsy challenges.

10 comments:

  1. Pretty creation in lovely colours Christine, I am inspired for my daily crafting fix now. Hope you have a good Thursday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine believe it or not I have my first ever canvas, which I started about two years ago but never finished, still sitting on my pile of things to finish lol. Haven't attempted another canvas since.

    After seeing your make it has inspired me to dig it out and see what else it needs to finish it.

    Gorgeous colours and I love the ladies sitting on the bonnet of the car ... fabulous canvas all round.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work on this with so much to admire

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome panel! Beautiful blue colours dripping.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW how fab is your page, loving the drippage, loving your choice of colours and i adore your choice of objects and stamps. I like your understated Finnabair style :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful colours and fab drips xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a wonderful way of doing mixed media! I like the whole creation and those flowers are a beautiful final touch to bring it all together for the viewer!~

    ReplyDelete
  8. ça aussi c'est très beau... Parfaitement réussi également, j'aime beaucoup, les couleurs et tes coulures sont magnifiques aussi!!! Bravo Christine. Bises

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the drippage! Fab colour too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Gosh - I missed this and what a beauty it is. Love the intense blue you have used.
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete