' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: 3 is better than 1

Wednesday 10 February 2016

3 is better than 1

Today I am guesting over at the Rubber Dance blog with a Valentine inspired make.

I can't resist photo realistic stamps so I couldn't wait to ink the Nostalgic Couples set from Rubber Dance. And one image wasn't enough... so how do you fit more than one image on a card?

I found the solution in the form of this Accordion die (Crafters Companion). I chose to have 3 panels but you can add as many as you want!



From left to right the 3 chosen images are organised in a chronological order, young (courting), older and married, older still, but together!







Each of the image has been stamped with Versamark and I applied chalks (pastel) on top in red and black. Once finished I cleaned up some of the stray powder using blue tack..

I added a heart border (Docrafts die) and some white embossed words/motif from the same Nostalgic Couples plate.

Many thanks to Bibi for having me on her blog, I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Happy Valentine's!

This Accordion card is entering the  Live and Love crafts, Tando Creative and Penny Black and more challenges.

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Christine. I love this die (which I have) and I made a class card with it but never blogged. You have inspired me to get it out again, and to show the card I made with it. Thanks Christine.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful and such an amazing fold for the card.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nostalgic came to mind before I even read your post Christine, it's a really great make and nice change from the traditional Valentine colours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVING your card, such a fantastic colour combo and different to most valentines cards:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are probably used to me by now Christine, visited earlier and didn't thin to check your challenge list, so popping back to thanks you for joining in our February theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. C'est super joli, super bien fait, super intelligemment en plus... :)
    Je note que grâce à toi il faut absolument que je ressorte mes Panpastels (même si ce n'est pas ça que tu as utilisé) combinés à la Versamark pour coloriser des images, et aussi que ce petit accordéon est absolument parfait.. Et tellement charmant !
    Et pour finir, je n'oublie pas ton challenge VSC !!!
    Je cours après le temps tu t'en doutes, mais je vais vraiment essayer... J'ai encore un peu de temps devant moi par chance.
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! How absolutely AMAZING! Love the vintage palette and the awesome fold! I'm mesmerized!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great vintage card and an unusual valentine - great idea.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning creation, amazing card design and loving those vintage style stamps.
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice card - thank you for sharing at Tando,creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool design and beautiful images. Thanks for joining LLC for our "love is in the air" challenge.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete