' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Splatters & Drips background

Monday 1 February 2016

Splatters & Drips background

Despite my paper mountain, I like nothing more than making my own background, which is why I chose Splatters and drips for the latest Vintage Stamping Challenge.

I had  no plan when I started and I have been entirely led by how my drips turned out...  I found them mesmerizing and couldn't bear to touch them:

I used my rock paper (made of rocks but also plastic as I found out) which is completely impervious to water. It has a slight grainy texture and this is what creates the patterns in the colours as the paint settles in the dips of the paper. To make my drips I used acrylic inks (Izinks).


I stamped my Fifties Girl and thought about paper piecing her to make her stand out from the background, but first, I tried painting some white over her dress to see if that would be enough.

Not quite, but I liked the effect of her coming out of that background and this is how my sentiment was born. It's supposed to be humoristic and I really don't know if it is or not!



I hope this inspires you to drip & splatter paint with abandon in the interest of Art and come and show us at Vintage Stamping Challenges . You could win a $20 voucher to spend at Flonzcraft, our lovely sponsor,  and your make doesn't need to be Vintage... it just needs to showcase some stamping (rubber, clear, foam etc...) but NO digis.
Thanks for coming by,

Also entering the Country View (Make your own background)challenge

8 comments:

  1. Looks like what I've read on people blogs might be right Christine as this has not come up on my reading list, just pooped over on chance and here it is.

    Super lush and vibrant background colours and really enjoyed your theme thank you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab backgrounds. Love the card. Have a great week.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh c'est super chouette!!! Bravo pour cette belle carte qui sort de l'ordinaire.
    Et merci pour cette bonne idée, je vais essayer de trouver le temps de participer ça me ferait vraiment plaisir, d'autant plus que c'est ton challenge... J'ai peut-être une idée et un créneau possible si j'essaie de joindre l'utile à l'agréable ! ;) Bises

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally with you here, and your background is super! The lady and sentiment are right at home on it. Such a fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine just back from the UK after having a super time with the grandkids, Alex has just turned 16. The first few months of the New Year are busy times for me going backwards and forwards to the UK. Amber will be 18 in March!!!

    Thank you for being such a trooper at VSC.

    Such a masterpiece with an amzing background. She definitely looks as if she is one happy girl off for a spot of shopping. Love the sentiment also.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine and wow you've really rocked this challenge theme. The background is stunning and I love the way you've incorporated the stamping. Fab sentiment too
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just popped back over to say thank you for your added comment on my blog. I'm so sorry about the tiny print--you know it's all in the fine print! Tee Hee!

    Yes, your sentiment is humorous to me, and your techniques are amazing on this card! Love the fifties girl, and the quote brings to mind the wallpaper we've had to remove from our walls. But the "wallpaper" on your card is gorgeous! Never heard of that paper, but I think I need to get some!

    thanks, again, and I'm sorry I inadvertently made it difficult to read the details on my project! I will think twice when I do that again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is fab Christine, the background is amazing, and I love your 50's girl.
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a great week. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete