' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: February tag

Tuesday 23 February 2016

February tag

In February Tim Holtz is revisiting Stencil monoprinting and embossed paste.

I followed his step by step but I had to be creative with the embellishments.

For the monoprint I used a linen texture stencil with Antique Linen, Scattered Straw and Walnut DIs and instead of Tim Hearts stencil I used a Circle stencil with Tumbled Glass DI.

I applied paste with a chicken wire stencil (Crafters' Workshop) and embossed in Wow gold EP.

The photo on the tag is a fake... I used glossy photo paper but I actually stamped the image (Nostalgic Couples by Rubber Dance ). I coloured it with DI as per Tim's step by step though...
The tag is from a set by Crafty Individuals (CI-428), embossed, coloured and cut out.

I created the arrow from 2 cardboard die-cut arrows (Sizzix Love Struck die) and foil tape. The pendant is polymer clay painted silver and I have stamped and die-cut a small ticket (both stamp and die from Docrafts).

Another pic to show the tag in sunlight:



I am also entering the That's Crafty Circle it challenge.

Thanks for coming by,

9 comments:

  1. The little hints of red against the sepias really bring it to life Christine.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific tag with lots of interest

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag, love the improvisation especially the photo such a clever idea. Must try find time to complete Tim's Tags this year.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on Mt T's tag Christine.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those pastel dots fading into the background and the chicken wire stenciling (love chicken wire!) Clever use of your embellishments as well, especially the photo! your comment on my blog tickled me pink and I just had to come say thank you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome take! The image is darling, I'm in love with these two! Gorgeous background work too. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, il est super joli ton tag bravo !!!
    J'aimerais bien trouver le temps de participer à ce challenge Tags de Tim Holtz moi qui adore aussi les tags.. mais c'est dur de tout faire, bien obligé de faire des choix la préparation de mes ateliers me prend un temps fou.. Allez, je ne vais pas me plaindre quand même, hum... :o)
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your take on Tim's tag! Nice to see one of my stamps on it ♥

    ReplyDelete