' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: CAS Hibiscus

Sunday 6 March 2016

CAS Hibiscus

Craft Barn want to see CAS with a flower and a sentiment. I don't want to bore you with the same image but I couldn't help exploring the possibilities of my Hibiscus stamp (Rubber Dance) further...
Last time I had wanted to show how crisp I could get the flower whilst keeping it in colour.
This time I wanted to try what I thought would be the technique most suited to this design, namely a watercolour effect.

For my base I used some new "glossy" cardstock as I wanted to test it with more watery medium.
I inked the stamp with dye ink pads in violet, yellow and blue and spritzed lightly before stamping.

The paper looks glossy but not as glossy as the Ranger stuff, but it took the spritzed ink no problem so I was relieved. Still a more absorbent paper with more water would give a more realistic watercolour effect.

I mounted the image on a violet card blank, perfect for a CAS look, plus it allowed me to use up some of these shapes which I don't use much anymore (6x6 seems to be my go to card shape nowadays).


Thanks for coming by,






Also entering the Stamploration CAS card challenges.

8 comments:

  1. A super CAS card with such a lovely Hibiscus image Christine.

    Hope you have a good Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Love the soft purple. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and a lovely image to chose

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Always nice to see my stamps on your creations, and the hibiscus flower looks lovely with the watercolour effect - and so does the birthday greeting ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Une jolie carte, douce et féminine... bonne chance pour ce nouveau challenge! :) Bises

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly have captured the watercolour effect with this flower. I really like that sentiment too, double happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful CAS card. You have reminded me to revisit the watercolour technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so beautiful! Love the mix of colors! Thanks for joining us at the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete