' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Infused Grunge Paste

Sunday 12 March 2017

Infused Grunge Paste

Paper Artsy challenged us to use Infusions in new ways and I took inspiration from Alison Hall to make my page. However, instead of paint, I used Grunge Paste to up the ante!

I am sharing the results here despite the poorly chosen colours and lacklustre design because I think as a technique it works well and looks nice. If only I'd had the time to have another go...


My base is Kraft cardstock and I applied some gesso first before stencilling the grunge paste through the Fabric stencil (Dutch Doobadoo).
Immediately after I sprinkled the Infusions Violet Storm at the top, Golden Sands in the Middle and Are you Cerise at the bottom, using the paint knife to spread the powder/paste. Of course by using the knife in this way, the colours do mix up a little, but that is fine.
Next, I added some stamping using the ELB33 set, which I also used to stamp the leaves and quote.

The Gesso'ed background was niggling me so I used a green iridescent spray to soften the colours.
I was concerned this would re-wet the stencilled Infusions but it didn't... phew!!

I used Golden Sands Infusions again on the die-cut for the quote. This is not a single shape by the way, I just used a curved stitched line (Stitched Snow hills from Stamplorations) several times around the quote.

Thanks for coming by,
Also entering the SSS Monday Challenge, We Love To Create challenges.

12 comments:

  1. This is such an interesting way to add texture and colour. It looks wonderful

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card Christine. Fabulous texture. Especially love how you have framed the texture with stamping. What a great idea.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm running out of time too...It's a great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this technique. I think it looks great and I love all the textures on there, it's an idea you could return to and explore in lots of different ways. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enjoyed reading your post and learning yet another technique! I have put the powders down first and then scraped through the paste but not paste first...will be giving this one a go too. Yes they do mix a little but that gives the unexpected and creative look. Love your project and the infusions really look great through that stencil x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Came back to say congratulations on the top pick over at Stamplorations for the mixed media challenge x

      Delete
  6. That background is so stunning and interesting! Love all the textures. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea Christine. If only we all had endless playtime we could experiment with all the endless combinations of colours. Love what you have done. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is wonderful, great design.
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really love the background texture and the stamping around the edge for a frame. Adding the infusions to the grunge paste gives a great effect I think there is more to be explored here........ Well that is if we give up work, chores, etc, etc! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous Christine and the colours are not poorly chosen. Everything gels as a piece of beautiful artwork with some amazing texture. Love the quote.

    They always say that we are our own worst critics so stop being so hard on yourself.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Christine, this is gorgeous!I love the colours you've used and the texture looks fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us at We Love to Create!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete