' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: The magic of rust

Friday 21 April 2017

The magic of rust

So as it turns out, everything I touch turns to rust... magic! That's my superpower sorted... But don't worry I'll share my tricks with you!

For this second rust inspiration piece for the Country View challenge, I wanted to create my rust effect with paints and used a Gelli plate to get my base rust. I used ArtDeco Mixed Media paints in Yellow Oxide, Transparent Red Iron Oxide, Blue Green Light and a Tando stencil (Random Circles).

I love the Finnabair stamps, great imagery and they aren't too expensive, and now the whole range is available at Country View I will be able to pick up the sets I missed out on!

I thought I might stamp the cog/wheel from the Trust the Magic set but, in the end I didn't find a space for it. Instead, I used the sentiment Trust the magic and turned it into "the magic rust". I take my fun where I can and it tickled me to subvert the sentiment in this way...
Now I need a suitably humoristic quip for the inside of the card, involving poking fun of a male recipient getting one year older, along the lines of "sorry you're going rusty".
Ideas in the comments please!

For embellishments I used die-cuts made with the Hardware findings Tim Holtz Bigz die, and painted layer upon layer of paint finishing with a touch of ArtDeco Metallic Lustre in Champagne Ice.

Core'dination Black magic and brown cardstock have been die-cut with MFT Blueprint 7 dies















There are so many ways of getting the rust look you are spoilt for choice if you want to enter our Country View challenge... And if you do, you could win a £20 voucher to spend on crafty goodies!

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the We Love To Create, Creative Mixed Media and Mixed Media  challenges.

10 comments:

  1. More great rust ideas

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card...feeling a bit rusty these days too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Christine, great rust! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just seen this at CVC - absolutely scrumptious.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card and a super rust effect background.
    Thank you for joining in with our April challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stunning card, love what you did here! Super rust effects! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at MMM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful rusty card, Christine! Love your background!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete