' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Trying out the Distress Oxides

Friday 21 April 2017

Trying out the Distress Oxides

After seeing Tim Holtz demos I had to lay my inky hands on some of his latest ink formulation, the Distress Oxides. He promised they would be different to anything we've used before and it's true.

Today I'm showing a step by step of a card made with Distress Oxides over the Craft Barn blog and I share my experiments.

Supplies:
Distress Oxides in Faded Jeans and Fossilized Amber
Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card Rooster
Honey Doo Lilies stamp set
ELB33 from Paper Artsy stamp set
Carabelle Studio Weft fabric and numbers Stencil
Black Lace: Docrafts
Flower: Prima (antique collection) re-coloured with the DO inks of course!

Do pop over the Craft Barn blog to get all the inside info!

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the Craft Stamper TIMI and Fashionable Stamping challenges. (one of my favourite things is making my own "paper" with large background stamps)

10 comments:

  1. A very beautiful card and great use of the product

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card, I love the soft subtle colours of the oxides and how you've used those stamps to make that lovely background paper. (I believe in miracles too!!!). Thanks for sharing this with us at Fashionable Stamping challenges, Leanne DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I was looking at these inks yesterday so really pleased to read your opinion today. TFS.
    Have a great weekend.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Christine and I really like the subtle colours that you've used. Your wonderful handmade background co-ordinates beautifully and pulls everything on the card together. Thank you for sharing this with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm certainly enjoying experimenting with the Oxides, and I haven't even got around to stamping with them yet. This card is lovely, and definitely tempting me to go and have a play.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue and yellow are one of my favourite colour palettes Christine and love this card with the soft inking and lovely stamping.

    Please you got your hands on some Oxide's, as Tim promised they certainly are different and I am loving playing with them, managed to pick up spiced marmalade the other day as that was missing from my selection, just leaves peeled paint which I am told is like gold dust to get hold of.

    Many thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, elle est très belle cette carte, ultra raffinée et super classe !!! J'adore.
    Je vais essayer de filer sur le blog découvrir ton pas-a-pas...
    Bon dimanche, bises

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've done a beautiful job creating your own background with stamps! One of my favorite things too! Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely design. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. C'est doux et agréable à regarder cette carte. Moi aussi en ce moment je joue avec mes oxydes......quel plaisir! Il faudra que j'aille voir de plus près ton pas à pas.
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete