' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Dark to Light 2

Sunday 6 August 2017

Dark to Light 2

With just a few hours left I thought I would have another go at this Gelli printing in layers, as shown by Barbara Gray. If you missed my first go at this technique it's here.

This is, of course, for the benefit of the Paper Artsy Dark to light challenge.


Supplies:

Cartridge paper
Paper Artsy Frescos
Stencils:
                 Gears: TCW
                 Reims (Cathedral series):  Paper Cellar
                 Fabric: Dutch Doobadoo
                 Drop screen: Imagination Crafts

This time I managed to go a bit lighter but I still need to work out the sequence of my colours so there is more light colours, especially to stamp on!

Do you see Denim fabric in this print? I quite like it and one of the accidental visual interest has been created by a crunched up paper, used to remove colour. You can see the "white" lines this has produced.

This week has been a bit of a record posting wise... 5 posts in a week! My faithful followers must be sick with the sight of my crafting, so you'll be pleased to know this is likely to be a one off!

Thanks for coming by,

5 comments:

  1. Love this. As soon as I saw it, before I read your post, I thought it looked like distressed denim.
    Flo x
    P.S. Enjoying all of the posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You created terrific effects with this piece

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, stunning! This makes me think I must get the Gelli plate out. Looks so fabulously scratched and weathered.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been so busy Christine with renovating the house that I must admit I have missed your other piece but after seeing this journal page and what you have created with the Gelli Plate I am hopping off to see the other one.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete