' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Gorjuss Alice

Sunday 27 August 2017

Gorjuss Alice

Back for my second inspiration piece for the Country View Challenge, hosted my teammate Corrie who chose the Blues and Greens theme.
If you missed my first post it's here.


I turned my attention to designer papers to find a blue and green background. And I found this beautiful foiled scrapbook paper (K & Co) that I haven't got around to use, either because it is a bit garish as a full page for a layout, or because it looked too precious to use but for "best".
I decreed it was time to cut into it and use it!

I chose the stamp because it's one of my never-been-inked stamps, my followers will know I have a few and I am trying to remedy that shameful situation...

I haven't got a step by step for this but most of it is self explanatory, at least for the crafters, so I will only give you this tip for the fussy cutting:

Cut the "inside" and delicate parts with a craft knife before cutting the outside,  otherwise you might rip apart those strands of hair!

And, where you can, use scissors as the finish is better.

Finally, touch up with pens the sides of the image as well as any small areas that you cannot cut.

The words are from the Adventure Words and Vacation words Thinlits Die Sets by Tim Holtz (Sizzix), die-cut from blue cardstock and sponged with metallic paint. The word Music has been stamped with Versamark and embossed in green (Cosmic Shimmer)


Another look from a different angle:

You still have 5 days to enter the CountryView Challenge so don't delay! Get crafting...

You could win £20 to spend at Country View, and us crafters know there's nothing better than shopping for stash!

Thanks for coming by,






I am entering the That's Crafty challenge.

11 comments:

  1. A little different for you Christine but very pretty non the less. I think so many of us are the same with papers, I love to buy them but so rarely use.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty little tag you made, Christine! The paper you used looks beautiful and the stamp is pretty, although it is not my favourite, it´s worth to be used!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Christine! You did a great job with the fussy cutting of the hair! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's lovely Christine and all the better for you inking her up finally. We are all guilty of never before inked stamps..LOL! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do so love this Gorjuss image, she looks so chilled out. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the Only Cards Blog Challenge. Best Wishes Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Christine, a lovely image without being cutesy. I too have 'best' papers that are far too nice to be used lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful way to use that beautiful paper--something I struggle with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is gorgeous Christine and the little bear is adorable. Beautifully created as always. I know what you mean about the paper. I think we all keep a few back for that special project.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elle est super adorable cette petite bonne femme, et ta carte ici avec !! ça me rappelle que j'en ai un de tampon Gorgjuss...je le trouvais très beau, mais jamais utilisé non plus... je ferai bien de suivre tes pas ! :-)
    Bises de mes vacances qui se terminent hélas !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Toute mimi cette carte. un autre style qui te va bien aussi. bises

    ReplyDelete