' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Wish you were here

Wednesday 7 March 2018

Wish you were here

Hello crafters, I am back for a second inspiration piece for the Country View Challenge on the theme "Postcard size", chosen by my teamie, Sue.

This time I went with both the size (6"x4" or A6) and the theme "Postcard" using some of my Rubber Dance Travel themed stamps.


My background is a Gelli print with canvas effect texture (I pressed an actual piece of canvas on the wet paint to create it).

I stamped Venezia on a piece of handmade paper with flower inclusions and watercoloured the image. This paper has a texture too, which is apparent in the darker areas of the image.
I stamped the "Carte Postale" from the La Mappa set directly on the background.
Finally, I stamped the Vintage Postcard on a piece of translucent shrink plastic coloured with pencils.

Do join us at Country View Challenges with your Postcard sized makes and, as always, there's a £20 voucher to win if you do!

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the Rubber Dance Forever challenge

7 comments:

  1. What a great postcard with fabulous background!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely postcard and I like the idea of creating the canvas effect background x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely postcard and the canvas background effect using canvas looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful postcard, Christine! And I love Venice - but not in July or August, there are more tourists than water in the canals ;-)
    Have a nice week!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So different from your last make Christine but equally as gorgeous.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsArtwork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great postcard - love the background and beautiful image xx Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful postcard! I love the shrink plastic detail!! Thank you so much for using my stamps and joining our Forever Challenge at Rubber Dance! ♥

    ReplyDelete