' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Engagement card

Friday 15 June 2018

Engagement card

The announcement have been made in Facebook but if you missed it... I have the honour of joining the Craft U Love Design Team!!!

For my first make I decided to create a romantic card, appropriate for newly engaged or married couples. And since in the UK we had a wedding that attracted much interest across the world, I used a photo of our royal couple for illustration purposes.



I made a stepper card from an 7"1/2"x12" piece of card and cut 5 pieces of paper from the Studio Light 6"x6" Memories of Summer paper pad to decorate the steps and central panel.

I created several embellishments from the Studio Light So Spring die set (SS78). This set is perfect for weddings and engagement cards and will also be perfect for Valentine's makes and all year round whenever you need hearts!

I die-cut 4 flowers and gave them a Glitter Gems centre.
The frame, arrow and fish tail tag have been given a distressed gold foil treatment by applying Hot foil and rubbing with a scoring tool whilst hot.

I threaded the arrow through the intertwined hearts and glued both down.





To make the vellum enveloppe I drew a rectangle within a square on a scrap piece of vellum as shown, then scored, cut and folded. To glue the flaps down I used Cosmic Shimmer Glue  because it has a fine nozzle.
I filled it with a mix of sequins  and glued it shut attaching the heart "waste" from the die-cut frame.  I used classic sequins in Mermaid Tail mix but the Tonic Studios Nuvo Pure Sheen Confetti pack is fabulous for this as it has 4 different kinds in the pack and exists in several colourways.

Side views of the card:



Supplies:
Studio Light Memories Of Summer 6" x 6" Paper Pad No.77  NOTE: link is to 78 not 77
Studio Light So Spring Cutting & Embossing Die Set - No.78
Eleganza Craft 8 mm Glitter Gems - Light Pink
Couture Creations Foil - Gold Vintage Matte Finish
Creative Expressions White A4 Vellum
Sequins
Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue 125ml

I hope you'll like my first make for Crafts U Love, I will be back later this month for a second piece of inspiration.

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the SSS Wednesday challenges.

7 comments:

  1. Oh well done Christine, buy all my PB's from Paula. Great card to kick start as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - and well done on your new team!!! Brilliant! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many congratulations, they are lucky to have you! A gorgeous stepper card. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful project! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super pour toi Christine!!!
    Un style différent mais joliment réalisé!!!!
    Bises
    Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I am late in saying congrats Christine but well done sweets you deserve to be on the design team and your debut piece is another winner.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsArtwork.

    ReplyDelete