' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: The written word

Friday 1 June 2018

The written word

New Month, new challenge at Country View Crafts and our theme for June has been chosen by the lovely Teresa as "The written word". Time to show you my favourite script stamps I thought...

One of the first stamp I bought was a script stamp, because I saw how useful they could be for any occasion. At the time I thought a single script stamp was all I needed, but since I realised that it's a good idea to have different style, modern or Vintage, different orientation (portrait vs landscape) and of course different sizes.

I first created a background with an oval Mixed Media plate using blue dye inks.
I used the Paper Artsy MN30 tiny script to stamp through a circle stencil (I made the stencil with a die).
Then I stamped the script from Paper Artsy ESN10 stamp set over the oval, which I had masked.

Finally I stencilled some Distress Oxide in green using a die-cut I made with the Rickrack Border Die by Papertrey Ink.

My focal image is from the same Paper Artsy ESN10 stamp set, a quote I stamped with Versamark and embossed in white .

I wonder what favourite script stamps you have in your stash and look forward to your entries in our Country View Challenge. Don't forget that if you play with us, you could win a £20 voucher to spend on crafting goodies...

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the Addicted to stampsSSS Wednesday Challenge  challenges.

14 comments:

  1. Great to see some CAS Christine, great minds again! Your text stamp is lovely. Happy June xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine this is lovely, Hugs Debsxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So inventive and I love your script stamp

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Christine, and you can never have too many script stamps, I have loads, and I use them all the time. Have a very happy June, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful CAS card, Christine!!! Happy June and big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - I love the quote - so inspirational! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, lots of lovely vintage script - so clever to get that tiny version through the die-cut circle stencil... it looks great. Love the white-embossed sentiment too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I can see a lot of thought has gone into making this card. I love how it turned out and using an oval area for stamping really puts the focus on it! And the green band in between, it ties the card together so beautifully! Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of words on this card, it is a great design. I really like that script stamp and agree with you that you need several, not one, one is never enough!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Une belle idée et de belles techniques de carterie, superbement démontrées ici. Je garde en tête pour mes ateliers ou des démos, car c'est vraiment chouette je trouve, on retrouve bien les bases de la carterie qui en font son charme (masquage, superposition, embossage, écriture, etc.). ça fait du bien de voir ça !
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  11. A brilliant CAS card, Christine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful CAS card, Christine. I also love script stamps, as you say - they are always useful!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vintage script is a must in my book and you are so right we must have some different ones in our stash. Great make.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsArtwork.

    ReplyDelete