' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: The first snowflake...

Saturday 15 September 2018

The first snowflake...

So yes, the season is already upon us crafters and the dreaded C word has been uttered in several quarters already! For my first festive card(s) I used a snowflake die set, as nothing says winter like snowflakes. This is my inspiration make for Crafts U Love who have received lots of new supplies for the Christmas season.


To give my snowflakes a fuller look I wanted to layer up 2 die-cuts and used the reverse of the Silver Poinsettia paper (Kaisercraft).


 I took 2 square pieces of
cardstock and die cut 2 Snowflake Lattices from the Silver Poinsettia paper (I'm using the reverse)
 
I then cut each die-cut in half diagonally.
 
 
 

I then glued 2 triangles on top of each other as above
 
 

I cut triangles from the Carols paper, using the reverse side to mat the lattices.  
 

I cut a larger square mat from the Carols paper and glued in place on my card base.

For embellishment I created a Poinsettia by stamping, fussy cutting and layering a few blooms with the John Next Door Poinsettia set. Don't panic… if you don't like fussy cutting there is a matching die that will cut the stamped blooms in one pass.

I added small adhesive stones at the center of all the snowflakes for a bit of pizzaz and a sentiment from the Poinsettia stamp set to finish.

This is an easy design to make in batch and can be varied. For this one I have an optional feature of a pocket, which you can use for a gift card, money or other embellishments (think tags etc..).



For this card above, as I didn't need the pocket, I moved the sentiment more centrally.


Supplies:
John Next Door Christmas Die Set - Lattice
Kaisercraft Christmas Jewel Specialty 12" x 12" Paper - Silver Poinsettia
Kaisercraft Christmas Jewel Specialty 12" x 12" Paper - Carols
John Next Door Clear Stamp Set - Poinsettia
Creative Expressions White A4 Vellum
Papermania 2mm Adhesive Stones - Silver

I'm quite looking forward to use the Lattice on more makes and think glitter paste or loose glitter would look lovely… Should you purchase any of the products I have used on this card, select   'Design Team'  in the 'where have you seen us' drop down so we know we have inspired you!

Thanks for coming by,
.

6 comments:

  1. A very stylish card, I love the layers of snowflakes, a pocket is always a great addition for gift cards and treasures. Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes it is Christine and you just wait until next year when you are on TV samples, you will find it kicks off in May/June!! ice design to todays card and pleasing colour palette.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very beautiful card with lots of ideas to inspire everyone. It has inspired me to make a Christmas card today.

    Thank you for commenting at Jumbled Crafts

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That intricate die is so pretty - I love the diagonal cut-away, and the snowflakes look gorgeous against the rich purple. Congrats on getting going with the C-cards.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another stunning make with the snowflake die but this one looked a little easier - lol

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsArtwork.

    ReplyDelete