' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Phone cover #4

Monday 22 June 2020

Phone cover #4


Although my sewing is not up to much, I do like giving my phones a DIY soft cover to protect them. It's cheaper than shop bought hard cases and I have the opportunity of decorating my cover as I wish...

Following my last upgrade I needed a new cover... This time I went with stencilling and used the Visible Image Fibres stencil with some So Soft fabric paints, mixing my purples as I went, aiming for a dark to light ombré effect.  I used calico fabric as my outer layer and re-cycled a piece of ironing board cover for the inside.


I am glad I managed to stencil with limited seepage under the stencil and the dimensions are correct so I am still pleased despite the wonky stitching!

Thanks for coming by,

6 comments:

  1. This turned out really well Christine and great recycling as well as useful.

    Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect Christine and your sewing looks fine to me. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty colours, and the stencilling looks so good on fabric. Beautiful and useful - what more could you ask?!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Très chouette !!!
    Il faudrait moi aussi que je songe à me faire des pochettes pour mon téléphone par exemple, la mienne est horrible... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cover! What a great idea and the colours and stenciling look amazing - I love it 😁. I hope you've had a lovely week! Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea and lovely stenciling. Clever to recycle the ironing board cover too! xxx

    ReplyDelete