' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: More square inspiration

Thursday 21 January 2021

More square inspiration

Today I am back with a second inspiration make for our Country View Challenge, which this month is hosted by Corrie, who chose "Use a square" as the theme.  This time I made some coasters (square of course) starting with a simply stamped scene with Katzelkraft stamps from the Fruitful set):
As much as I like the stamping (I managed to extend the splash image without hiccups) the colours are underwhelming and the white background may be too stark. I might start again and make a matching coaster to this next one:
The focal image is from the Shabby Chic Stampendous set, by Andy Skinner, the antique products labels/adverts are the perfect size and style for the coasters. The corners are from Crafty Individuals.
After stamping  I applied some Distress Ink in Vintage Walnut all around and added a layer of crackle paste, "highlighted" (or is it "lowlighted"?) with more Walnut Distress Ink.

I hope we gave you ideas to join in our challenge, if you do, you could win a £ 20 voucher! Only one week left, so don't be square and link your makes!  

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the SSS WednesdayStamping Sensations (Katzelkraft stamps and Vintage images are my favourites),  challenges.




8 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Christine, I love how it looks with the crackle! Take care and have a great day, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just lovely Christine.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple et efficace, super tes deux coasters !!! Il faudrait que j'en refasse une série moi ! :)
    Bises, bonne journée.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such amazing makes! Loving both designs 😀. Blue and red is one of my favourite colour combinations this time of year and your vintage crackle is so beautiful too! Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both, Christine!!! And you reminded me that I need Spring coasters!!! So maybe I got my mojo back and go to my craft room :-) Have a fab weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous crackle I'm envious mine never comes out that well. Perfect coaster to compliment a mug of hot chocolate! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are very nice, just different. Of course, more went into the second one. Wondering if anything on top (ie, varnish?) is needed to actually use these as coasters for hot mugs and sweaty cold drinks? I have an entire box of them and you've inspired me, thanks. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, apply several coats of varnish, especially with the crackles that would let in any spillage on the Distress inks... I use a tough polyurethane varnish bought in the DIY shop. I have used it on placemats that had very hot plates on and it really protects the paints underneath.

      Delete