' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Papers and paints

Tuesday 19 January 2021

Papers and paints

Here is a second set of makes with the Craft O'Clock So Lovely When You Smile collection. 
First a Mixed Media creation, using a large MDF tag from a the That's Crafty sampler pack.

I prepared the tag with Gesso and then applied several colours of Paper Artsy Fresco paints with palette knife and brush.
Then I stencilled in several places some texture paste tinted with more Fresco paint through the Crafter's Workshop TCW454S stencil.
I layered pieces of the different papers and muslin, and added my frame sprayed with shimmering grey ink and highlighted with gold paint. Inside the frame I placed a paper doll, chosen for her smile...
Finally a bird die-cut from the Chipboard pack echoes the fussy cut bird from the extras sheet, which I painted in watercolours (the paper will accept the paint very well in small doses).
A sideways look at the tag :

My second offering of the day is a very simple design suggested by one of the 8x8 paper, this elongated flower composition screamed Slimline card to me and I couldn't think of anything to add but matting and layering to enhance the image so I just added a sentiment to finish.
Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the SSS Wednesday challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Vraiment superbe, ça aussi !!!
    Tu as été très inspirée !!!!
    Bisous,
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a pretty tag and card! Loving the blue and neutral colours and that Crafter's Workshop stencil is one of my favs 😁. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blue background it really helps the elements pop xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know how I've missed these, loving them both. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete