' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Snail Pace

Tuesday 21 May 2024

Snail Pace

Hello crafters, 

There's slow and there is snail pace... Last year I signed up for Care December, a free course offered by Kasia from Everything Art. I didn't get around to start until after the event finished and completed it in February.... Care December it wasn't!! It is now May and I still  haven't got around to publish any of the projects, although most of my efforts don't merit a public viewing...

But today is the day... so here's my favourite page of the journal from the course:

 

The page is constructed of snippets from book, clothing and lace, even the heart is recycled from packaging.

I am not a sewist and I do not do embroidery and fully intended to skip that project but then I thought it wasn't in the spirit of things, and I am glad I did.

I used a stamp (from the "Lentement mais surement" stamp and die set by French brand 4enscrap) to guide my stitching, one given by a dear crafty friend.  A closer look at these cute gastropodes:





Heads up: 

We Love Stamping challenge is celebrating its 15 years and there will be a special prize bundle for June's challenge on the 2nd of June.

This week is also the 15th anniversary of the Allsorts challenge, which of course my snails will be joining, 













Thanks for coming by,

 Craftyfield             I am also entering the SSS Monday challenge

6 comments:

  1. Better late than never as the say Christine and how nice to try a different style of craft and even better we get to see it, thank you. Thanks also for giving the blogs a plug.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful project, thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, how adorable are those snails! I love how you stitched them and added the stitching and heart to adorn your page - perfect ❤️. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooooooh.....!!!! Trop beau ce que tu as fait avec ces petits escargots !!!! Quel plaisir de découvrir cette adorable création.... Mille BRAVOs (moi aussi je rêve de temps zen, et de créations de ce type, mais malheureusement je suis complètement hors sol en ce moment... :-( )
    Ravie de découvrir ce post en tout cas, je te remercie !! :D
    Bises xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snails are adorable, I'm very impressed and well done for not shying away x

    ReplyDelete