' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Layer It Up Washi

Thursday 24 October 2024

Layer It Up Washi

Hello crafters, 

I have been playing with some new supplies (for me) and I am quite excited!

I am talking of the Layer It Up Washi tapes from AALL & Create. 
If you are not familiar with these read on...

They come in a 2.5cm wide, 10 meters long roll, with a pattern repeat every 40cm (approximately). A 40cm length can be cut in 10cm chunks and layered one below the other to reveal a complete image. Below is the image I put together on a piece of card with the Leaf Out My Book tape (#101).


The roll will allow you to make some 25 such images, but, of course, you can still use the tape as any other washi!

As to styles, AALL & Create has large variety of tapes including themed ones for Christmas with either cute cats, dogs, foxes, bunnies and bears! (Country View Crafts has them here). Imagine securing your wrapping papers with them!!

Anyhoo, I made this card with the image as the focal point, which I had decided to die-cut with AALL & Create #32 die set to give it a more organic shape than the square I had as in the above picture. I used a partial die-cutting technique as the die is longer than the image.

The background is a Graphic 45 paper (A place in time 6x6 paper pad)  and I cut a mat from Chatsworth, a very old paper pack by Paper Artsy (a collector item, I believe Chatsworth and Thorndon Hall were the only 2 ever made). 

A stamped sentiment completes the card (Sentimentally yours SYC007).


Hope you enjoyed the read and, as usual, thanks for coming by!  

 Craftyfield              I am entering the Allsorts challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Great card and love the fabulous washi tape image.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are fun aren't they Christine, I don't have this one in my stash, need to ask the A&C guys why! You have incorporated the image really nicely with the G45 for a lovely Vintage feel. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Wish I had a birthday in November lol. I love books. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete