' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Calendar Challenge Week 6

Saturday 10 November 2012

Calendar Challenge Week 6


This week's Challenge at the Craft Barn involves tactile matters...

I chose flock over felt, as I am trying to keep the pages of my calendar fairly flat.

Now, I won't lie to you, this page involved a lot of work... Previous experience of flocking has taught me that if paper and flock are not close in colour the result is poor. In my test, I was flocking a cat stamped in Versamark and embossed with Sticky Stuf with black flock on white card. Result : balding cat... not a good look ! So now I know to pre-print my image in a colour close to my flock or use card in the same colour.

I used a letterpress plate and did 2 passes (top and bottom of page) in the die-cutting machine with black paint, then again 2 passes with embossing ink.
I used Sticky stuff over the embossing ink, heated it until clear and applied the flock over it.
Then it was a matter of tidying the flock that has a tendency to stray everywhere...

The central image was a doddle after that, simply stamped with chalk ink, die-cut with a Nestabilitie and inked with distressed ink (Tattered Rose).

Let me know what you think,

9 comments:

  1. Well done on the flocking - haven't tried it but I can imagine it gets everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow and knowing that you went ahead and used such an intricate design,well done -It looks gorgeous ! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I've never had a go at flocking, it does sound a tad time consuming but it does look great. A beautiful lady stamp too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely calendar. Thanks for the tips. It's always worth knowing if something you haven't tried before isn't as easy as you think so you can set aside extra time for the first attempt

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful calendar page, love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. C'est une merveilleuse technique, pas facile en effet sur le fond que tu as choisi !!! Un grand bravo à toi, personnellement je le trouve très réussi ! Et l'ensemble est très joli avec cette belle image de femme... Bises

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Letterpress design and picture are super together, love your page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flock works, and it looks really good on there. Well done
    Don't forget to get in touch with me so I can send you your 15% discount code.
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete