' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Festive Sparkle

Sunday 25 November 2012

Festive Sparkle

Heart, Cupid and Key hole (shrink plastic) are die-cut with Tim holtz/Sizzix dies

At last I have my entry for the Crafty Individuals challenge on the theme of Festive Sparkle.
For a long time I toyed with bits of paper and couldn't come with anything worthy and almost abandoned. I decided to concentrate on projects I HAD to do (Christmas gifts) instead, and created this handbag charm. And yes ! I managed to fit in a charm made with a CI stamp (part of the CI-342 set) on pearlescent card (Stardream Pearl card) and inset in a bottle cap. Good start !


Then I thought about how to package my homemade gift and decided on a box. Here was my opportunity to use my Christmas star stamp (CI-363). I stamped it in Versamark on a subtly glittered paper (Stardust Glitter Pale Pink) and embossed with silver powder. I stuck this panel on my box, applied glitter glue around it, added ribbon (pleated and stitched with a pink glittery ribbon on top), a flower made with die-cuts, 2 types of glitters and some Flowersoft for the center, and some leaves die-cuts also glittered.

I                                                                                                   I added a homemade "ribbon" to the side of my box lid, and stamped the bottom of my box with an old favourite (CI-001) , just because...












Finally a close up to show the sparkle better :

Enough sparkle for now...thanks for coming by,
 


4 comments:

  1. Oh BRAVO Craftyfield, tout est réellement magnifique, j'adore !!!! C'est une belle réussite, le bijou comme son écrin ! Merci pour les explications. Bonne soirée, à bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very inventive, great use of the bottle cap, and so lovely to have a box to put it in. Lucky recipient. Thanks for entering the CI Challenge this month. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thease are lovely makes :) good luck with the challenge
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and beautiful stamping!

    ReplyDelete