' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Calendar Challenge Week 8

Friday 23 November 2012

Calendar Challenge Week 8

Awww!!! The Craft Barn Challenge this week is "Children/cute". Not my favorite look, but as I am rather eclectic in the style of cards I make, I have no snobbish tendancies about cute... Problem is do I have any "cute" stamps ? But wait... I do, in fact I have tons, all obtained "free" from magazines. This challenge gives me an opportunity to try them out ! Sadly most of them are Christmassy and this being my August page... well if you look carefully there is some holly in there but otherwise it'll do !



To colour the image I used coloured pencils, blending with Sansodor only on the hat, and alcohol marker for the shadows at the base of Hollie and presents.
For my background, I took inspiration from Hollie's apron and made a patchwork from patterned papers. Some 120 squares, die-cut 3 at a time, i.e 40 passes in the die-cut machine ! Mad idea but once I started, I wasn't going to give up.
The frame had already been cut for another project and I used alcohol inks to coordinate with my colour scheme. 

And in the end I rather like it, so yes we should have more "cute" projects.

What do YOU think ?

10 comments:

  1. Cute is difficult I agree but this is so pretty and I love that patchwork background!! Great August page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Hollie Hobby stamp , your colours are great and the patchwork background is wonderful, you have much more patience than I have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always had a soft spot for Holli Hobby since I was little so I give it the thumbs up :)
    Von ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!(...and I can"t see any holly)Gorgeous background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great and that patchwork - how determined are you! but it is so right with the rest of the calendar well worth the effort and yes I think it is very cute but perfect for the challenge ...wish I could come up with something!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great and that patchwork - how determined are you! but it is so right with the rest of the calendar well worth the effort and yes I think it is very cute but perfect for the challenge ...wish I could come up with something!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfectly cute and I used to love Holly Hobby! The patchwork background looks wonderful. I'm not snobbish about cute - I simply don't know how to do it! Sorry I'm late with my comments - just catching up.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOlly? what holly? don't see any holly... lol
    Beautiful calendar page
    Thank for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card. Love the layers/frames. I just thought it was a birthday girl with her present until I read your text.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab patchwork effect and I love the total look of this page.

    ReplyDelete