' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Bloom where you are planted

Sunday 9 June 2013

Bloom where you are planted

This is the theme for the Impression Obession Challenge this week, and offers me the opportunity to make a card I have had in mind for quite a while... and it's all about using some Flower Soft : I love it, but hardly ever use it. I have 2 crafty resolutions for the year : 1- use old stash, 2- use scraps of paper/cardstock and I have kept those rules in mind when designing this card.


The background is Core'dination (White wash) embossed with a freebie folder from a magazine, that I stamped beforehand with CAC Grunge (CC076).
The main image is Flower Wheelbarrow (D1312) , colored with alcohol markers and jazzed up with the Flower Soft. I created a frame around it with punched shapes, managing to tick both resolutions in one go ! Old tools with scraps... perfect. I must own up that this idea has been ...hmm, "borrowed" from Shona, as I saw it in a previous IO challenge. Hope she won't mind.

Finally I felt there was something missing and pulled out the rhinestones, another tick on my "old stash" resolution !

Thanks for coming by,

13 comments:

  1. A really lovely card!! I like what your BG to make your beautiful image pop!! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have created your background using the embossing folder, lovely image framed with the flowers.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous coloringLove the dimensional flowers and your background is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to have planted a seed of an idea, but this card is all you ! That embossing is lovely, and I love the idea of using Flower Soft in the wheelbarrow. I may just have to borrow that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the way your framed out that pretty image!!! Fabulous background too! Beautiful card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the background :) and framed image such a pretty card :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. I like the way you encircled your image with punches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, this is so pretty and i love the flower soft! i also love the grunge stamping and embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty! I love all the flowers and sweet butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A charming card with lovely embossing and punched out shapes and what a good plan to use up old stash. It's amazing the useful things I find at the back of the cupboard that I had forgotten I had - always too eager to buy new stash. xxx Julie Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card!! Love the cool embossing effect with the gems! I tried to zoom in to see the pretty flowersoft but it wouldn't let me, it looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! This is SO PRETTY!! I LOVE the pretty Design!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete