' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Colors of summer

Sunday 23 June 2013

Colors of summer

This is the theme of the challenge atImpression Obsession. I chose to make a layout with some vintage photos, involving a summer dress that I imagine in bright colors of red, pink, yellow and blue against a fresh white. Not unlike the small strip of floral print material I stuck on the bottom left of the page.

 
I have used some of my newest IO stamps and dies, the Dress Form Trio (F13086), Tag set (3119-SM) and Flags die set (DIE015-F), Rose Print Background (F8867). The stamped images have been chalked so that the colors would actually be visible on the fairly dark blue background.
The base cardstock has a white core and I took advantage by embossing corners and borders. The mat behind the single dress form (fussy cut) is a Scalloped Nestie that I have punched with a long reach butterfly punch.

Thanks for coming by,



9 comments:

  1. I love the vintage '50s feel of this summery lay-out. Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful vintage layout !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout love the photos and added elements.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Scrapbook page! So many fantastic details!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so many pretty elements to move the eyes around the page and they complement the vintage photos so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pictures & your layout is perfect for them! I especially like the chalked images on the dark background--so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! Another cool layout! I love how you accented the dress forms in the corner! Wonderful work! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Très jolie page avec de belles découpes et de splendides photos !! et j'aime bien la manière dont tu as reproduit plusieurs le buste mannequin.. bravo Crafty !

    ReplyDelete