' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Challenged by France Papillon

Friday 16 August 2013

Challenged by France Papillon

France has been back this week on the Paper Artsy blog with more gorgeous creations. My project is mainly based on her second post.

I followed France's technique but on a smaller scale (6x6 in) and used Tim Holtz Tissue Tape instead of Tissue Wrap. My colours were South Pacific, Limelight and Claret Fresco paints.
Since I didn't have a clock transparency, I substituted a die-cut circle and embossed it with a wooden grain folder. I applied black alcohol ink on the raised areas.

I tried smuding some oil pastel through punchinella, you can see a hint on the left hand side but this didn't work very well for me.

The central flower is made of 2 layers of navy cardstock stamped with a collage stamp from Hot Pick 1206 and embossed in gold. I used Spellbinders Peonies Nestabilities to cut the flower shapes.

For the texture paste areas I made up a stencil with 3 sizes of the Spellbinders Pinking circles and added an impression of a small chain (France did this in her first post), which I painted black.

Thanks for coming by,

17 comments:

  1. Love the effect of the tissue tape, fabulous colours and center circle with the flowers.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'aime beaucoup ton fond, et l'ensemble est très original je trouve ! Tu es rapide, moi je n'arrive jamais à participer aux challenges PA car 4 jours glissants, c'est beaucoup trop court !! :)) Je te souhaite bonne chance. Bises

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, great use of France's techniques!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous - love the combination of colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really stunning and dramatic project and great use of oil pastels! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks fabulous, and so does your circles with chain impressions the middle and bottom one look like tennis balls with that curve in them. Beautiful colour combo too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you mention it... I couldn't place it but there was something familiar about the shape!

      Delete
  8. I love the colours, and the circles are great - but as for your centrepiece - WOW! Love it. Good luck in the draw.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow great piece!! love the colours and all the texture :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much detail incorporated into this project, looks great. Thanks for joining in the PA fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow its looks brilliant with he tissue tape too doesn't it!!!

    Thanks for showing us, love what you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant improvisation with the products used. The tissue tape and your wonderful centre piece fit the bill perfectly. Beautiful circles too!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow wow absolutely gorgeous, I love the colours you have used they really are gorgeous, I wouldn't have thought to use those colours together, think it's time to get my fresco's out lol. I love the tissue tape effect and your centre flower is amazing, stunning :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning creation!! Love the colors~ A real WOW!

    ReplyDelete