' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Cushion Covers

Saturday 10 August 2013

Cushion Covers

My search for the perfect ink, one that would work on shrink plastic, as well as paper and fabrics turned up VersaCraft inks. I bought a few small pads but never got around to try them out on fabric in a big way. With some left over fabric I made up 2 cushion covers and picked some stamps to decorate them.

 

I first chose large stamps that would give an overall coverage with colour and, using masks, stamped a number of smaller images. I chose 2 different colour schemes for the front and the back so I would get 2 looks.

From Crafty Individuals I have used stamps from CI-207 and CI-237 as well as a freebie stamp from Craft Stamper designed by CI (the seashell).

From this detail picture you will see that this ink does print well enough on fabric, without any loss of detail.  I chose subtle colours to begin with but still, the colours aren't as dark as I would have liked. If you're thinking of buying these inks remember that the stamped colour is noticeably lighter than the colour in the pad, sadly there wasn't anything darker than Chocolate (bar black) that I used on the butterfly above.

I am entering the Crafty Individuals challenge so fingers crossed...

Thanks for coming by,

10 comments:

  1. These are absolutely gorgeous and love the muted tones! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these look really effective; I agree that the muted colours work really well! Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun to decorate your own cushion covers - making them very special and unusual! Thank you for joining in the Crafty Individuals August Challenge. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful :) you should be very pleased with yourself :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very original and wonderful work !!bizz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty cushion covers, beautifully stamped.
    Stamping onto fabric is one of my absolute favourites so always like to see what other stampers are creating in this way.
    Thank you for sharing with us at the CI Challenge.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous!! So, you can use VersaCraft on shrink? I must try that!!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tes coussins sont quand même très beaux, j'aime particulièrement le premier !... As-tu essayé la Stazon ?? Je manque de recul sur le sujet, car je n'ai encore jamais vraiment imprimé sur tissu pour ma part. Bises

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stazon probably works...but I don't own any pad, as the idea of needing a specific cleaner afterwards puts me off. VersaCraft is easy to clean.

      Delete
  9. Wow! Gorgeous, Gorgeous, GORGEOUS!! Those would look fabulous at my house!!

    ReplyDelete