' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Let's hear it for the boys

Saturday 17 August 2013

Let's hear it for the boys

We are challenged by Impression Obsession to come up with something for the boys. I chose the Pig Bros. Birdhouse image (G1028), and surrounded it with Aluminium sheet to make it more masculine .


I stamped the image using pens and added some color with pencils.

I cut out the frame out of cardstock using 2 sizes of Spellbinder Nesties, applied aluminium tape on it before embossing with a Ten Seconds Studio Kabuka mold.

I embossed the sides of the base cardstock using a mix of powders and created an embellishment with the same mix. This was die-cut with a Spellbinder pinked circle from cardboard, then punched with a standard hole punch in the middle. Thought it looked more masculine than a button, which is my default male embellishment!

Hope you will like it,

12 comments:

  1. Wow, Crafty, you really did an outstanding job with that image! I like the different colors and how you did them. The BG is perfect for it and the embellishment is the final masculine touch too!! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! I love how you've used this stamp. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card for the men, love the stamp and fab background.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative & perfect for the challenge! I've gotta try embossing foil--keep forgetting to do that & I love your handmade embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun stamp and great card. Very creative background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute birdhouses! Love the background and the bottom of the card w/ the twine.
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great background and love the three pigs houses beautifully done! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ta carte est très originale, bravo. Et j'aime beaucoup ce tampon que tu as déjà utilisé une fois je crois... il est vraiment très beau ! Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great male card. Love the stamp and the aluminium embossed background.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That stamp is so cute! I really like the frame you created, and how you mixed up the embossing powders to get the look you wanted. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this stamp! I have to buy it when I found a new house! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this image and the aluminum framing has such wonderful texture! Fabulous masculine card~~

    ReplyDelete