' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Paper Artsy #3UP challenge

Friday 6 September 2013

Paper Artsy #3UP challenge

I have been lucky enough to get selected in this round of #3UP #PAtwits week of show and tell with surprise Paper Artsy products, and this is what I have made :



Background:

 
I used the given substrate as a template to cut 2 additional pennants out of thick chipboard, and painted all 3 using Leandra’s method as showed in her video, including the reverse side.
I overstamped in black using ESN07 and managed to use all the stamps in the process!
Paints used: Gesso, Fresco South Pacific, Chocolate Pudding, and a beige acrylic paint.

Central pennant border:

I die-cut 4 borders out of metal (2 borders for the front and 2 for the back) and painted them with South Pacific, backing them with several layers of cardboard to match the thickness of the substrate.
I used red liner tape to stick the metal to the pennant and tacky glue on the cardboard backs before pressing them together for a more finished look.

Embellishments:

I received the ES03 chipboard set and used both flower shapes, stamping them with the matching flower stamp from ELB02, which was one of the 2 set of stamps in my package. I had also tried stamping the circle shape with the circle stamp from ELB03 but it didn’t make the cut. I added micro beads to the center of the brown flower.
I used a resist technique on the branch with punchinella waste, before applying distress inks and stamping in black with the music stamp from ESN07, the other set of stamps in my #3UP goodie bag.

I also had 2 spools given (from Bag of spools), and used the shorter one, adding a ribbon and letting it hang.
The spool gave me the idea of adding “sewing” related embellishments and I created a skirt from Smoothy cardstock by stamping the small tulip from ELB03, upside down and a coordinated top by stamping the tulip from ELB02 cut and mounted on a dress form die-cut.

I also added a scissors and a sewing machine die-cut, coloured with alcohol inks. The sewing machine is actually stamped and embossed with the Reflection stamp (from set ESN07).
 

 

All I had to do now was threading my pennants onto twine and adding the 4 fabric beads I was given.
 
Phew!!! I hope this banner won't disappoint, I have thoroughly enjoyed making it but only after much panicking...
 
Be sure to let me know what you think in your comments and visit the Paper Artsy blog for more #3UP projects by fellow #PAtwits!

 

5 comments:

  1. I love the way you turned the single pennant you received into a banner/bunting! Really effective and it was so resourceful to use the original as a template! Great work! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your banner certainly hasn't disappointed, it's wonderful! Fab stamps you had to work with and love the colours too.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. An amazing project, fabulous colours and overstamping and wonderfully embellished.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the details on your bunting :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete