' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: A second journal page...

Tuesday 10 September 2013

A second journal page...

Back from the holidays, although I was itching to craft, I was dithering, procrastinating... total creative block.
To snap myself out of it, I decided to join the Craft Barn challenge, and make a page for the letter Z, playing with whatever came to mind. The choice of words was relatively easy as there isn't so much choice... I decided on zig-zag because it's such a trendy graphic.


I took inspiration from the latest product launched by Tim Holtz' layered stencils and used different mediums, layer by layer to build the page.

First I used a resist medium, then sprays, then texture paste.

I added some stamping, the "Z" of course, then some bits of background stamps (Impression Obsession, Basic Grey) and some hand drawn zig-zags.

On top of the texture paste I tried different things to get a gold sheen : foil but the glue was difficult to apply, oil pastel and finally gel pen ! Gilding wax would have been better but in the right light it's not too bad.

I am entering this page in the Countryview Crafts challenge which is all about layers.


Hope you will like!

9 comments:

  1. Love all the layers and the colour scheme - it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great zigzag journal page fabulous colours and texture

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page! I know the feeling, when I'm crafting the ideas keep coming, but when I didn't make anything for a while due to holiday for example it's hard to start again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layered page and great colour combinations. Hopefully all the playing inspired you for more creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great page with so much depth in the layers - fab colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, background is gorgeous !
    Thanks for playing
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous hun love all the textures and layers and colours x

    ReplyDelete
  8. some great inky layers and colours here x thanks for joining us at Country View Crafts Challenge, hope to see you next month x trace x

    ReplyDelete