' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Definitely challenged...

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Definitely challenged...

I was inspired by Joanne Wardle's post who is guesting this week on the Paper Artsy blog and I planned to make a CAS card with a stroke of paint. Should have been real quick and easy... But I decided to use acetate for that transparent quality knowing full well that stamping on it is delicate... obviously not challenged enough then!


I stamped a freebie acrylic stamp (the poppies) and a word stamp from Paper Artsy Eclectica ELB03 onto the transparency, inking with a Big brush pen (Faber Castell). I tried the Big Brush after testing with Archival ink which a) made the stamp slide and b) didn't look like it was going to dry anytime soon.
On the reverse I colored with alcohol markers, then I did my swipe with a mix of Fresco Limelight and South Pacific on the front. I am now thinking it might have been better to do it on the back as the paint wasn't as transparent as I expected (well it is applied more thickly than intended!).

I am also entering this card in the Craft StamperSir Stampalot and SSS monday challenges.

With such a simple design it needed to be perfect and I find it wanting... but I got some experience stamping on acetate so I'm still happy!

Let me know your tricks about stamping on slippery surfaces,

19 comments:

  1. Your card is very effective with the acetate and paint technique.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a clever take on the paper artsy one :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had a go at this PA challenge, as I'm not really a CAS person! More MAC - Messy and Complicated!!! I don't have the confidence not to whack on loads of extra stuff to disguise my mistakes - feel kind of exposed with CAS! I love what you've done here, though and Joanne's cards look great too. With regard to hints on stamping on acetate. I went to a class where the teacher suggested putting the acetate onto the inked up stamp and just pressing very lightly. This seems to work for me. I find this technique usually works with stamping on shrink plastic too! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I shall have to remember that!! Love CAS but much more MAC myself as well!!

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's beautiful. thanks for taking part in my challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the great shadow this gives - I'm with Julie Ann on this one, seems daunting to use so little - xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moi je la trouve superbe cette carte !! Bravo, car tu t'es bien rattrapée j'imagine concernant ton encrage sur l'acétate... Je crois que ce qui marche le mieux, c'est la Stazon. Mais tu n'en as peut-être pas ? En tout cas ta technique donne aussi d'excellents résultats ! Et j'en profite pour répondre à ta dernière question sur mon blog avant d'oublier encore... le die plumes que tu trouvais joli est un die Metallik de Kesi'Art... Voilà, bonne fin de semaine Christine, bises

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really gorgeous!! I always use my Stampamajig for stamping on slippery surfaces, it gives a little more support and helps to stamp straight up and down leaving less wiggle and smudging. Stunning card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've achieved a great effect here... super job!
    Thanks for joining s at Craft Stamper this time!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card. I love how you've done it on acetate, I've never managed to perfect the technique without smudging it!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card. Beautiful red flowers stamping on acetate. I love this project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card. Beautiful red flowers stamping on acetate. I love this project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card, I love the shadow of the poppies on the back of the card. Thanks for joining in with us at Stamping Sensations this month. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic touch on the acetate with the smear of paint! Love the vibrancy of your flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, very brave. Love the shadow effect thru to the back of the card. I emboss on acetate cos my ink never seems to dry fast enough for my impatient nature. Works great, as long as the acetate doesn't melt!! Ha ha..... I am full of great experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a Fabulous poppy creation
    thanks for joining us a Stamping sensations this month and good luck!

    Francesca x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely effect with the transparency! I often use the inkjet type of acetate as it has a little bit of "tooth" and stamps don't slide on it the same was as they do on the very slick stuff - it's a good choice as long as you don't want to heat it for any reason. Thanks for joining us in the Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the simple paint stroke, great idea! Thanks for joining in this month with the Craft Stamper Challenge!

    ReplyDelete