' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Challenged By ... Alison Bomber

Thursday 12 September 2013

Challenged By ... Alison Bomber

Alison is joining the Paper Artsy blog this semester and has kicked off with projects involving trios. I didn't get that far, and kept it to one piece,  taking my inspiration from this post.


I collaged 3 different pieces of leftover papers, 2 with inclusions and a piece of mulberry to use as "tissue" paper for the central image. The stamps are from Hot Pick 1204 and I tried to emboss with  the green distress ink... but most of the ink got absorbed into the paper, so the embossing is patchy to say the least. On the other hand... I'll call this distressed!!!

The cardboard base has been stamped in different inks and embossed with clear powder with varying degrees of success....

I am entering the Ladybug crafts challenge too.

Let me know what you think!


16 comments:

  1. Definitely distressed - beautifully so! It has such a delicate yet grungy look - I absolutely love it. Gorgeous background stamping too with the text and music. Lovely to have you join in the fun at PaperArtsy.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice textures and colour combo on this and I like the butterfly!I think it works rather well with the different degrees of embossing. Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely textures and layers - xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Le résultat est absolument superbe, bravo Christine, j'adore cette réa !!! Bises

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah! I love the muted colours and all the layers of texture, love the whole design :D x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! This is AWESOME!! Loving everything about it!! ;) have a Fabulous Weekend!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great distressing, love the colours & layers
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is really lovely - I love the background and the colours look so nice and natural. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful piece of art..it should be framed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous background distressing and all the layers of texture.I love these natural colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous background distressing and all the layers of texture.I love these natural colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous project and great colour choice

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous, I love all the texture and great choice of stamps xx

    ReplyDelete