' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Things that fly

Sunday 22 September 2013

Things that fly

The latest Impression Obsession challenge is about Things that fly... First thing I thought about was butterflies, but I did that for the previous challenge and I didn't want to bore my audience!
Bird it is then...


The image is Bird Collage 1 (E13043) which I stamped with wate rbased markers on my new Silk card (more on that in a later post).

Prompted by the Oldie but A goodie challenge I decided to use as many punches and old items as possible on the basis that I haven't used the punches in a long time and I need to use up old stash !

It would be quicker to mention the new items but here's a list of the old stash (older than 6 months):

  • MS punches: 3 corner punches (the red embellishment is made with a corner punch) and 2 border punches used on the square mat and the Coredination  under the bird image.
  • X-Cut Punch and Emboss Oak leave, Vine Corner slot.
  • Core'dination : white wash
  • Skeleton leave : I punched 2 leaves out of a gold embossed skeleton leave. I had to back them with another punched leave out of brown cardstock.
  • Patterned Papers: from a Making Memories pad, bought in Lakeland when they were selling craft supplies... yes it is that old and what's worse hardly used!
  • Anita sticky ribbon (black) 
The large Core'dination mat has been embossed with a fairly recent freebie folder .

This one is quite OTT for me and a big change from the CAS card I made in my last post !

Thanks for coming by,


7 comments:

  1. How very lovely and elegant! I really like how your collage of your stash really made the image pop! Thanks for playing, Crafty, and good luck in the drawing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Your painting of the image is outstanding!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ta carte est vraiment très belle, j'aime beaucoup l'utilisation de tes perforatrices (anciennes ou pas peu importe du moment qu'elles sont belles..) et ton oiseau est superbe ! Bravo, bonne chance pour les challenges ! Bises

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this really popped out in the gallery. I love the colours and all the layering. Your colouring of this bird is the best I've seen. I have the same bird and might attempt to CASE your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow-this is stunning. great job on the coloring-love the flower.
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the bird and the way you used your punches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolutely gorgeous card, great use of punchess. Thank you so much for entering my challenge theme on an Oldie But A Goodie, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete